Monday, January 1, 2007

Best commericals of 2007

I'm starting early with my list of my favorite commercials. I'm gonna update it as I see good commercials, and if I get sick of a commercial it will be stricken from the list. (or added to a spearate post of commercials I am sick of prehaps)

1) Verizon's Envy commercial.
It starts with an attractive blonde staring into a mirrored window, and the word "Vanity" appears ont he screen, in gothic lettering. Dramatic music begins, as the camera focuses on a guy in car, who is staring at the girl, and the word "Lust" appears. A slight pan across to another woman, apparently the guy's girlfriend who has a furious look upon her place, and the word "Wrath" appears next to her.

Then the revolving door on the building they are next to spins open and a woman walks out texting and as all three of the former indivuduals look at the the woman, we get a shot that focuses on the phone and the three people looking at it, and the word "Envy" appears on the screen.

I like this commercial because it's just so simple. The music catches your ear, and the set-up to the reveal of the phone is clever. The theme of the commercial actually fits the product. Kudos Verizon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're right, cool commercial. I was wondering if anyone knows the title of the song from that commercial. The dramatic chorus music. I would like to own it.

Anonymous said...

Don't they know that Vanity is not one of the seven deadly sins? They are Lust, Envy, Greed, Wrath, Gluttony, Sloth and Pride. For being an evil money hungry corporation you think that they would know that...

Anonymous said...

That same song was used in the video game "X-men Legends 2: Rise of Apocalypse", whgenever you ran into enemies at the Temple of the Madri level.

I need to hear that song so bad!! Who composed that?!