Sunday, November 26, 2006

What does a dying mall smell like?

Incense!

I went to my local mall today because I needed a new belt. I parked by the Macy's but decided to take a jaunt through the coridoors of the mall, prehaps get a pretzel and pick up Speaker of the Dead.


So I walk through the store, and my nose is asaulted by the perfume counter, and I'm jonesing for the fresh air beyond the MAcy's, waiting for the delightful smells of the dwindling food court, sweet S'barro and the fries of Wendy's.

Only those smells were masked throughout the mall, masked by incense, wafting from the the many kiosks that line the halls. Kiosks that outnumber the stores it seems, selling crappy Jamaican hats and multi-game bootleg Nintendos.

Oh the joys of the ghetto mall.

I look forward to the day I move and am close to a nice large mall, that doesn't stink in a figurative and literal sense.

No comments: